Signs Your Child Is Being Bullied
– When you start to see unexplained bruising or injuries of any type. These injuries can be something from a little bruise on their arm to possibly having bruises on their stomach or other areas of their body. When they have these types of bruising it will commonly be from the different areas the bully has decided to go after them at. However, your kids may try to tell you these are bruises from something they have done or another excuse which you may not be able to find believable.
– Destruction of property is something else which you may find your kids are having happen to them. For example, your kids may start to have their clothing getting torn up, jewelry stolen or even their electronic gadgets ruined. When this happens your kids are being bullied by someone because it is highly doubtful your children could tear up all of their clothing in a short period of time. However, if you do notice this happening on a regular basis you may want to check with the teachers as well to guarantee you are not just having them do something in school which is leading to this being torn up.
– Faking of illness is something else you would want to keep your eyes open for. When your kids are being bullied they may not want to go to the school because they are scared of the bully. So your kids will start to fake an illness to help convince you they are getting sick and not send them to school. To avoid this problem you should make sure you know if your kids really are sick or if they are just faking the illness because of what they may be facing that day at the school.
– Skipping of meals and avoiding the family meals is another issue you may face. For example, if your kids usually tell you about their day during dinner, but suddenly start to stop doing this or even eating you may have a fear they are being bullied. However, you may find your kids are not eating lunch either and are starting to become really hungry as soon as they get off of the bus. The reason for this extreme hunger would be the lack of lunch because it may be taken from them.
– Nightmares and not wanting to go to sleep is another sign that your child is being bullied as well. You may have never thought about this before, but if your child goes from sleeping all night to suddenly having nightmares, they could be dreaming about being bullied and needing to take care of the problem. However, you should rule out other causes of the nightmares as well like television shows and different foods before bed. When you do this, you can start to ask if your child has been facing any type of bully before, but if these are new you will want to make sure you check right away to see if they are being bullied.
– If you had a straight A student at one point and you find their grades are declining you will need to know more information about why they have lost this interest or have lower grades. Sometimes it could be because they are being picked on at school, but you may find it could be because of the constant distractions of the bully. Without this information, you may think they are just facing more of challenging school courses as they get older, but with a sudden change in the grades it could be a sign of being bullied.
– Losing their best friends can be a sign as well. When your kids start to lose their friends, you will find they are losing the friends because they are being bullied. The friends do not want to be one of the victims as well so they are going to leave your kids because they do not want to be a victim as well. However, you may find your kids will keep this a secret because losing friends can be one of the most hurtful things your kids can have happen to them.
– Hurting themselves and getting more destructive in what they are doing is a bad thing your kids can face as well. When you know about this you may find your kids are doing this because they are being bullied and do not want to face the bully each day. For example, if your kids start to run away or you notice they are starting to cut themselves, then you will want to make sure you take care to find out if they are being bullied. The reason you would want to take care to see if they are being bullied with this type of behavior is this is what kids start to do before they do what you see on the news reports.
Signs of Bullying: How To Tell If Your Kid Is The Bully
– Starting to get into frequent fights. When your kids were not getting in fights before, but suddenly are getting into fights you may think they are being the bully. So you will want to make sure you will want to find out if they are the ones who are bullying. For example, if you are getting reports that your kids are the aggressor then you will know they are the bully, but this sudden change will show them as being the bully and they are taking action to get their bullying completed.
– Changes of friends to the bullies. When you know most of your kids friends and suddenly they change who they are friends with you may start to be suspicious. This may be the sign that your kids are starting to hang out with some of the bullies, but also are changing their friends because they are following the other bullies. So you need to find out who your kids are hanging out with and if they have changed why they are changing friends.
– Getting sent to the office on a regular basis. If you find your kids are starting to go to the office on a regular basis you may want to know more information about why. For example, it could be because they are starting to be disruptive in class, but it could also be because they are starting to bully some of the kids around. So you need to make sure you know more information about why your kids are being sent to the office on a regular basis and what kind of problems they are causing.
– If you find your kids are starting to get a lot of extra items you need to make sure you find out where they are getting these items from. Sometimes they may be buying the items, which they could, but sometimes it could be they are taking the items from the other kids as a form of payoff to avoid being bullied. So you need to make sure you know more information about where they are getting all the items they have been acquiring. Without this monitoring you may not even realize your kids are bullying the other people and taking their items from them.
– Blaming other kids for their problems. When you find out about your kids being sent to the office at school on a regular basis, you may find they are starting to say it was the other kids fault. When you hear this you may think the other kid can be at fault from time to time, but if this is happening on a regular basis with multiple kids, then you may need to raise your suspicions some. By doing this, you can easily start to find out if your kid is the one who is being the bully or not. Without this, you will have your child bullying someone else and not even realize they are the ones doing this because you think the other one is always at fault.
– Lack of accepting they are the ones who did the action. When you start to see this you may find your kids are the ones who are a bully and want to deny they are the ones who are doing the bullying. So you need to make sure you know more information about if your child was responsible for the action and if they were find out why they are not taking responsibility for what they did. Without this, you may not even realize your kids are in the bully phase and denying what they are doing.
– Constantly worried about how popular they are. Most of the time you will find kids do not care about how popular they are except with some of their friends. However, a bully will constantly want to be the biggest kid in the classroom and one of the most sought after in popularity. So you will find your kids are going to start to worry about this on a regular basis instead of trying to improve their grades or other information.
– Starting to be aggressive without any real reason to have this starting up on them. When you find your kids, who may have been nice and kind, start to become aggressive towards others you may find they are starting to bully other kids. This new found aggression can be coming from the bullying they are doing, but also from the different actions which they are taking or being taught at school. When you start to observe this action, you may want to start to figure out why they have finally changed and started to become more aggressive.
Finding out what the warning signs of bullying is can be a good thing. However, you may find a lot of parents are not aware of the signs and this can easily lead to them having a child who is being bullied or be the aggressor and not even know it. By knowing about these signs, though, you can finally tell if your kids are being bullied. Without this type of information you may not even realize what kind of problems your kids are facing or even know how to tell if they are facing any of these problems. When you have this information, though, you can easily tell if your kids are being bullied and know if you should be concerned about the problems your kids are facing or if they are just being kids and trying to get some type of sympathy from you.